Thursday, August 31, 2017

Furry Vanilla Bean!



Remember Oscar, the Bearded Wonder?  I introduced you to him a little while back.

Well, when be brought him home from the Humane Society, he brought the itchys along with him.

He didn't have fleas, so all I can figure is that it was the shampoo we have been using.  The shampoo worked fine for our previous two pooches (rest easy over the rainbow bridge boys) but not long after his first bath his started scratching.

The scratching got worse after his second bath.

Now he's an indoor dog who gets plenty of outdoor play.  He gets down and dirty when he plays fetch, sending soil spraying in every conceivable direction and bringing mud and dirt inside with him.  I try not to bathe him TOO often, but he's got to be kept clean.

Add caption
So, when I get a chance to try Zesty Paws Oatmeal Anti-itch shampoo (https://zestypaws.com/collections/our-collection/products/pet-shampoo)I went for it!  I use oatmeal soap myself so I know that it has to work for my pooch too!

First up, the smell that came out of this bottle when I opened it was A-MAZE-ING!  Seriously!  It is made with things like Aloe Vera, oatmeal, and Sweet Almond Extract among other things, but this Oatmeal Shampoo smells like VANILLA!

It smells so good that Oscar kept trying to lick it off of my hands!  Silly dog, this is for bathing, not for eating!  Of course if its smells good enough to fool a dog, it MUST smell good.

A great change from the previous shampoo that smells more like chemicle than anything else.  That shampoo is also a not nice brown/yellow color.  Guess what color this anti-itch pet shampoo is?


Its clear!  So clear you can hardly even SEE it on my hand in the photo!

And, for the anti-itch part, I've only used this shampoo on Oscar one time to far, and he did seem to scratch a little less afterwards.  We'll have to see how the trend continues after the next couple of baths.

But, in the meantime, he smells great!



I got this product in exchange for a review, but all opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I hope this works for Oscar, he is so freakin cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Seeing his goofy face on the HS website was a pretty good thing that happened for us. lol

      Delete
  2. Oscar is such a cute dog and happy to have been adopted by you I'm sure. And now he's clean and smells good too! I hope this helps with his itchy skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute, shaggy dog! I'm glad he likes the scent. Flea shampoo or powder definitely helps gain a foothold in the War On Fleas. This is a horrible year for them--hereabouts one doesn't even have to be the right species to pick up a few just by walking past a house where a dog or cat lives--so someone bought my cat a flea comb. Just the basic $2 Dollar Store kind, but she "says" it's absolutely the best prezzie she's received in all her going on 7 years. (Amazon didn't suggest that I post about flea combs; the cat did, with her dramatic reactions.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...