Sunday, July 30, 2017

Conquering the Tooth, Power Outages, etc


AT HOME


Oscar is a killer of toys.  He has mutilated a stuffed bone, he has condemned a rope tug toy, he has dismantled a ball, and makes short work of rawhide.  The only thing he coudln't destroy is his Kong, but he only seems to be interested in it when it has a treat inside.

He is a chewer.  And as he lay in my bed and tried to chew my fingers, I KNEW we had to find something he could chew without destroying it.

NylaboneEnter the Nylabone.


I gave it to Oscar today, and he immediately took to it.  He pranced around the house for a bit acting like he had the most amazing superfantastical thing ever given to dogdom.

Then he settled down to work.  Bone braced between his front paws, crunching, clacking and cracking could be heard around the house as he set to work trying his best to dismantle the bone.

As I left for work I said, "If this thing is still in one piece when I get home I'm going to give it a 5 star rating."

Guess what.  That thing lasted.  Both ends look very chewed on, but no pieces are missing.  And, he stil seems to be enamored with it!  I asked him where his bone was when I got home, and he ran all over util he found it, then started chewing it again!


This was not a sponsered post, I really am just in awe at how this bone is holding up under Oscars extra pointy poodle hybrid teeth.  So, if you have a pooch that is hell on toys, you might want to check out the Nylabone Dura Chew Flavored Bone Dog Chew Toy.  The one I got was giant size, chicken flavored and made in the USA.

AT WORK

 Saturday is always busy when you work retail. Today the boss cut out a couple hours earlier than usual.  We had 2 events in the classroom then a birthday party.

Well, right as the birthday party was about the start the POWER WENT OUT.

Now, its not uncommon for the power to go out at home when it rains, but its not quite as common for a businesses power to go out.

We were dark between 30 mins to a hour, but the power did come back on and in the end the birthday family was happy.  So there's a plus.


ALL THE LITTLE THINGS

(that made me smile today....in no particular order)

1.  The wind that came up while I was collecting carts.  I just stopped what I was doing and turned my face into the wind.  Because sometimes you just have to.

2.  Spencer and Oscar playing together in my bed this morning.  Sure, its pretty annoying to have a 3 year old and a dog bouncing around on top of you, but the giggles were totally worth it.

3.  Sleepytime tea.  I may be a coffee drinker, but I do love to hold on to a warm mug of tea and breaks in the steamy smell of it.  Sometimes I actually get around to drinking it too. 

SOURCE

8 comments:

  1. Like you Nona I have a dog who loves to chew..His biggest chew..was a door..totally demolished it...Like you I am trying to monetise my blog for as little cost as possible ..so far I have bought my domain name but have know found someone who will get it up and running for no cost.so next week here goes..Wish me luck...Love this post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our lab, Boomer, chewed through 3 doors and a matrress. Oscar hasnt stated chewing on the actual house....yet... but I bet he could destroy it if he did.

      Delete
  2. I've heard great things about the dura chews - glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was the first time I've tried it, and its definately akeeper.

      Delete
  3. I need two of these but Roscoe, man he will kill anything into a zillion pieces, I walked pass and handed him a tree limb and he accepted it with grace, walking off to murder it. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar has gnawed on a tree branch, but seems to prefer to destory store bought toys.

      Delete
  4. Like your Oscar, my Valentino is an aggressive chewer of his dog toys. His favorites are now the deer and elk antlers which seem to last a fair amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I no longer have a dog because I'm unable to take care of one, but my last one, my little pug Sarah loved nylabone. She demolished everything else, squeaker toys would squeak for possibly 30 minutes. The strands of the tug ropes got between her teeth and made her gums bleed. She loved tennis balls but would eventually puncture them too. When we found nylabone, it was a breath of rest for us. She would hold that thing between her paws (pug paws remind me of hands, the way they use them) and chew on it for what seemed like hours. Sometimes she'd go to sleep holding it. She loved that bone, so it's always what I recommend to anyone who has a dog who is an aggressive chewer. Excellent information you provided here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...