Sunday, July 30, 2017

Chicken and Squid Jerky

Exhaustion is my constant state of being.  Like....for reals.

I didn't have to go to work today, and my husband was off, so I got to sleep in.  And boy did I EVER sleep in.  While I was woken up off and on from the time the boys got up until I finally got up, I slept more than I was awake.  And when I did finally climb out of bed it was 12:30 in the afternoon.  That's an unheard of time for me these days.

Today was a day of little excitement.

Hubby and the kids watched movies.  I collected a list of 31 Unique Holidays to Write About as well as penned a future post that I scheduled to appear on its day.  So I'm at least one post ahead of the game. 

Cooked a chicken in the crock pot for supper. That will be my meals for most of the rest of the week, since I'm closing every single night except Monday and wont be able to make many meals at home.

Played ball with Oscar and tried to ignore the yappy little Schnauzer that moved in next door.  I'm about read to sell a kidney to be able to afford a privacy fence.  We now have dogs on both side of us that just never stop barking.  I don't mind doggy neighbors, but I would like to be able to play in my own backyard without a constant surround of woofs and yips.

I'm about to go crawl into a hot bath with my book of Zombie stories and try to decompress.

Wish me luck.

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS

(that made me smile today....in no particular order)

1.  The bats feasting over my house at dusk.  Brought a smile to the task of taking the trash out.
2.  I got to stay in bed until 12:30.  Even when I don't have to work that is usually very rare.  My tired body, mind and soul needed it.
3.  Squid Jerky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...