Saturday, April 1, 2017

April - Ultimate Blog Challenge and NaJoWriMo

April is here and with it comes again the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

The Challenge is to write every day in the month.  Not only to write to be sure you share your writing, and that you visit and interact with other bloggers as well.

The goal is to gain more views, more subscribers to your blog.  It should also have the effect of making more sales if that is what your blog is meant for.

These days all blogs are meant for making sales, it seems.

That is why I have dropped out of all the previous blog challenges.

My blog is vastly different from most fo the ones I see when I'm clicking links.  I'm not pushing a product.  I'm not trying to sell an ebook, and my blog is barely monetized at all.

I'm from a past generation of bloggers.  Ones that actually blogged as if they were keeping a journal online.  A personal blogger. They call it "Lifestyle" blogging these days, but thats funny to apply to my little slice of the web.  To grand of a word.

I would like to get more readers though, and more comments.  I think I miss comments more than anything in my "once upon a time" early blogging years.


For the month of March I got roughly 18 views a day.  Which really isn't THAT bad considering I last made a post back in FEBRUARY!

I do need to get in the habit of blogging more often, and I know that interaction is the best way to get more readers to my blog.

So I guess I'll just plug along best I can.  Even though I might have some trouble fiding a nice comment to leave on a blog post that is little more than plugging and ebook that I'll never read, I'll have to try my best.

Hopefully by the end of April I'll have much bigger numbers to brag about.

April is also National Journal Writing Month.  I'm cracking open a new journal and will be getting back in the habit of journaling daily like I used to do back in 2000.  I think the therapy of spewing things out onto paper will do me some good, as well as giving me fodder for my blog.

19 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad mine are personal blogs too. I have not posted in some time. I have been thinking about giving it up. I love to write but it just hasn't been in my heart lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need a writing break. I'm sorry you've lost your fire for it.

      Delete
  2. I still write personal blogs. I try to add recipes and other things people may want to know. I don't think I can write ablog post with out adding a personal touch.

    I miss getting comments I use to get all the time. Now I am lucky if I get one on my recipes where I use to get them all the time. How things change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my posts I don't usually have a lot of things to add that other people might want to know. My meals are usually out of a box, and I don't get enough stuff to write reviews. I just have to figure out how to make the worlds most boring life as interesting as possible.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited to follow your blog. I'm giving it another try, too. It will be hard to commit to 30 days, but hopefully we can get in the habit. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I thank you. I do love some comments. They keep me wanting to write.

      Delete
  4. Mine is also a personal blog. I understand how difficult it can be to find a blog that is easy to make a comment on other than "thanks for the tip." There are some good ones though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I'll just have to keep clicking till I find all of my peers.

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean... I've had a blog for ages, and now it's kind of become my "side business", one that I really wish will allow me to work on what I love, which is writing. Like you, I also have a "unfulfilling but bill paying day job"... Have you heard of "Classy Career Girl"? It's a page/group on Facebook, and they are amazing! It's free to join (it has the paid side of it as well, but even if you just join the free group, you'll see how many ideas you'll start to have! :)

    I love writing in my journal, and I'd never heard of NaJoWriMo! That's so cool! I've participated in the NaNoWriMo twice, and that's how I finally got to finish writing my first novel.

    Well, too long a comment, eh? Haha Oh, I saw that you write book reviews in your blog! I'm looking for chick lit reviewers to feature in This Chick Writes. Would you like to collaborate? You'll have your reviews linked to you blog, and it will help you get more traffic. :)

    Good luck with the blogging challenge!

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    Dani x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long comments are GREAT. lol.
      I might have a peek at Classy Career Girl. I don't like for ideas though. I lack for enough money to quit doing what I hate so I can try to do something better.

      I read a lot and write reviews occasionally, but Chick Lit is NOT my thing. I'm big into horror novels, big beastly aliens and such. An occasional cozy mystery is the closest I get to a girly read.

      Delete
  6. I blog mainly for enjoyment and while not just life journey, many are about my precious grandchildren. I also like to share a few of the poems I write and also my great coupon finds. I too am probably out of the norm for most bloggers. While I do have a few ads, I don't use my blog for monatizing. I enjoy reading you blog and hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to blog for enjoyment until I found out that there are people who MAKE A LIVING off their blogs. Then I started getting more and more disapponted that mine makes NO money and that people got paid to do somthing they love while I have to slave away at a job that gives me facial tics.

      I think I need to get back to blogging for myself.

      Delete
  7. Hi Winona/Nona -

    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with having a person blog! As you said, this is how blogging started out! My very first site (which is still up and running today - All About Gratitude - is barely monetized; it is a passion of mine!

    I hope you stick it through - the Ultimate Blog Challenge will helps you get more traffic and more comments!

    Thanks!
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing that this is National Journal Writing Month. My main blog mixes a little business with a lot of personal and often times I really struggle to balance it. Looking forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a personal blog. It's the ultimate creative act because it's sharing your heart. Plus it feels like a letter from a friend so keep on keeping on!
    Will be checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got this! I'm new too, but we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nona, I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it up, stay focused, and you will make it! We are all here to help each other. Let me know if there is something I can do to help you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am right there with you... and now learned from reading your post that mine is a "Lifestlye" blog too!! I keep blogging on and off as well.. and always glad to find others just like me.. :) http://myrandrspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My blogging days go back to the early days of blogs when Blogger and Wordpress were the only choices. We followed each other via the "Following" panel. Loved it! See you 'round the challenge.
    --Jenny
    http://yeahwesaidthat.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...