Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Neighbors Beast - Wordless Wednesday

Our neighbors have had a rottie for a while.  She would come to the fence and bark to be petted.

Recently he has gotten a pit bull.  Now, I don't hate pit bulls.  I grew up with an awesome one.  I know friends who have awesome ones.  But this one is a scary beast.

brown pit bull dog behind chain link fence

When it's not picking fights with the rottie (we hear them fighting off and on constantly) if we are in the yard he'll stalk the fence, then rush it barking, sometimes growling and sometimes trying to get over the fence.

The rottie used to bark at us too, but her's was a "Come pet me and love me" kind of bark.  His is much more threatining.  

I'm afraid of this dog.  I'm afraid for my elderly and sick dog.  I'm afraid for my children.

They are afraid for themselves too.  They don't want to go outside and play in our own back yard, because they are afraid. Because a mean doggie lives next door.

Brown pit bull dog behind chain link fence

Irresponsible pet owners drive me up the wall.

The video below shows him barking at us.  He's wagging his tail, but that is NOT an indicator of friendliness.  You can hear him growl a little as I stand up to film the rottie, laying in the yard being all peaceful and stuff.

video


11 comments:

  1. that sucks. neighbors who don't care for their animals are the bane of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be. We had a cat killed by a neighbors dog a little over a year ago. Its enough to make an animal lover feel like killing one.

      Delete
  2. Having dogs living next to you that are vicious is not a good thing. I too had a cat brutally hurt by a pitbull that was carrying kittens, we had to have her neutured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Poor kitty and poor babies!

      Delete
  3. Wishing won't make it so (as I learned with the hostile cat Barnie, last fall) but is it possible that this dog is just acting mean in order to establish his dominance over the senior dog? Especially if she's bigger and older? Bullying other dogs and humans could be his way of asserting himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He acts like that whether or not Rust is out with us. Since Rusty is so sick he's not outside as often as he was.

      Delete
  4. Oh that sucks the new dog is aggressive!! Do the neighbors holler at the dog when he is barking non stop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are not good dog owners. They never interact with their backyard dogs. At least not that I've ever seen. They've never made them stop barking and I've never heard them trying to break up one of the fights either.

      Delete
  5. I have found that water is a way to control some mean dogs, If he is growling at you and you feel he is trying to come over the fence, spry him with the water hose, we were given a dog that bit EVERYONE, especially men. Tony got him under control by using the water so when Tony said " stop" he learned if he did not he would get wet.After that we had that dog for over 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even with a fence between the properties, I'd be a bit concerned if a child or animal from your side get close and the dog tried to grab through the fence. I have never figured out why people don't train their dogs to not be aggressive. This is my Wordless Wednesday from last week! http://themarthareview.com/a-bit-of-ocean-for-wordless-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...