Monday, February 27, 2017

Journal Monday

Meet my art journal.

It is a small pocket sketchbook (3.5 in x 5 in) with 60 sheets of unlined paper.  This one came from Michaels, but they don't have it anymore.  You can buy it on Amazon.  Also, Moleskine has a similar one.

I've been using this one as my art journal off and on since March of 2015, but recently have been doing a ton of pages.  Several pages a week.

Some of the images have been getting a lot of praise on facebook and on Instagram, so I thought I'd start sharing my favorite pages here weekly.


 I had intended for this page to have text on the right-hand page, but couldn't find anything that I felt went with it. So, now its just a stand alone page as it is.

"Break" is my favorite page I did this week.  The background was done with watercolor paints and a water brush.  The collaged images are all from a lipstick ad in a magazine.  You can see more about the thought process behind this one at Break - An Art Journal Page

"Go Bold" started out as a page where I was sticking down scraps of paper that were scattered on my desk after doing "Break".  Then I found the gymnast while flipping through another magazine.  I liked her black and white against the colored paper scraps

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea. Thank you for sharing your talent with me, you are an inspiration to me and I know many others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the idea Angie!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...