HAPPY BLOGMAS EVERYONE!!!!
What is Blogmas you ask?
Blogmas is Christmas Themed blogging. 25 (or 31 if you're ambitious) days of writing about something Christmas related EVERY SINGLE DAY.
To help myself (and others) stay motivated in the event of a Christmas emergancy I'm throwing together 31 quick writing prompts.
If you don't celebrate Christmas I don't mean to exclude you. Feel free to celebrate a countdown to the holiday YOU celebrate.
1. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? Which one do you say? How do you react to the opposite.
2. Pretend that you are still a kid. What TOY do you want this year? (Real toy-toy, not grownup toy)
3. Do your children (or the chilren in your family) beleive in Santa?
4. What is your Wish List for this Christmas?
5. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Why do you like it?
6. Share a childhood memory of Christmas.
7. When you are feeling grumpy and anti-christmas do you think of yourself as Scrooge or The Grinch? Why?
8. Big presents are easy, but what about stocking suffers?
9. Do you have one person who is almost impossible to shop for? How do you gift them?
10. Christmas carols - love them or hate them? Do you go caroling anymore? Do carolers come to your neighborhood?
11. Christmas Parties. What is your favorite party theme? Cookie party, pajama party, ugly sweater party, or something else entirely?
12. Christmas Decor - do you prefer white lights or colorful ones? Santa or a nativity? Share your own Christmas display if you have one.
13. What is your winter weather like? Is it warm where you are, or will you have a white Christmas.
14. Handmade or store bought? What kind of gift means the most to you? Do you prefer solid gifts, or cash/gift cards?
15. Christmas Goodies - The holidays bring out our sweet tooth. What are your favorite Christmas only sweet treats. (Share a favorite recipie if you have one)
16. Your christmas tree, is it themed? Do you put an ecectic mix of ornaments on it? Do you have more than one? Share your tree(s) with us.
17. Speaking of ornaments, do you have special ones on your tree? Share one (some) with us and tell the story.
18. Getting...and giving. Many of my prompts have been about getting gifts. Do you do any charitable giving in December? Do you also give other times of year? Why?
19. Hot cocoa or egg nog, what is your go-to drink during the holidays?
20. Elf on the shelf, yes or no?
21. Is there a relative you only see during the holidays? Is their presence enjoyable or a nusiance?
22. If you have to give up one part of Christmas, FOREVER, what would it be? Why?
23. We're almost there! Is your shopping all done? Are you a last minute shopper or get it all done early?
24. Christmas Eve - What Christmas eve traditions do you have with your family?
25. Merry Christmas!
OKAY, there's 25 up until the day of, how about 5 more to get you thorugh the end of the year.
26. Was your Christmas day wonderful? What was everyones favorite gift?
27. How long after Christmas do you wait to take your decorations down? Why?
30. What is your favorite memory from 2016?
31. (Predictably) What are your resolutions or goals for 2017?
Okay, there are 31 prompts that came straight off the top of my head to keep you blogging this Blogmas. But if you want more don't fret, check out Rusty2Rusty's Chatter for more than 31 Days of Blogmas prompts!