Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Migraines and Bullies

Last night I came home with an incapacitating headache. 

Have you ever suffered from a Migraine?  It can really knock you down because it doesn't just make your head hurt.

When I'm suffering from a migraine my head does hurt, of course, but I also go "blind" because of the halos in my vision.  I get sick to my stomach.  I can't stand bright lights.  All sounds, no matter how soft, are TOO LOUD.  And I can't stand anything to touch me.  Not even something as lightweight as a bed sheet.

When they get really bad the only thing that will help them go away is sleep.  But I can't sleep because of the pain, and not wanting anything to touch me.

I don't know what time my tossing and turning turned into sleep last night, but I woke up feeling fuzzy in the head.

I posted on facebook that I think I lost some brain cells last night, and a fellow sufferer said she calls it a "Migraine Hangover"  and that is a perfectly fitting title.

I spent the morning moaning around the house before going to work.

Meanwhile many hours later...

I got home from work and was doing to download some pictures off of my camera, and I can't get my USB card reader to work.  I also can't find the cord I would use to connect it to my laptop directly.  So I can't get any of the images off of my PowerShot onto my laptop.

Frustration.

I wanted to post pictures of my son playing at Monkey Joes.  That is what they did today while I moaned about the house.

He had fun BUT...a couple of busloads from the local YMCA showed up and the kids were apparently very uncontrolled and rowdy.  One boy shoved Parker off the top of one of the slides, making him go down on his stomach and crash face first into the girl still sitting at the bottom of the slide.

It hurt his face...poor baby. 

My mother in law (who went with them) said he asked her, "Nanna, is that bullying?"

Again, poor baby!

So, I didn't get a post up for last night because of the headache, and I almost didn't write one tonight because I already "failed" just 5 days in.  But I didn't really want to be a quitter.  Just a little setback, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...