Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Tale of Two Shells

We went to the beach today.

I'm not usually a beach person.  I can't swim so the water scares me.  Watching my boys get in the water (under the protection of their father) scares me, and I always leave burned.

But I do like look for shells.

I never find any pretty ones at our beach though.  Just broken up and cracked ones.

Today I found a really pretty one, and got all excited.


See how pretty it is?  And it was whole, and shiny and unbroken.

There was just one problem...


Somebody was still living in it.  I'm not sure what kind of critter it is, but it was quite wiggly.


So I put it in my sons hand and told him to put it back in the waves.

Then I saw this large shell.


A hermit crab house.


There was nobody home in that one.


6 comments:

  1. We live near the beach but don't get time to go down. I love searching for shells. The top shell, the Olive shell is South Carolina's state shell. This is my Wordless Wednesday blog: http://themarthareview.com/beautiful-charleston-cathedral/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I didn't know states had state shells.

      This fellow wasn't far from SC. Just took a little side trip to Tybee to visit with us today.

      Delete
  2. That was interesting especially the hermit crab house, living in central London I rarely get to a beach :-(

    Have a shelltastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said hermit crab, but that was actually a Horseshoe crab house.

      We live about 30 mintues away from the beach, but only go about once or twice a year. The price for parking is horrible.

      Delete
  3. Hello Nona, warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. I really enjoyed this post and your photos are lovely. My mother was also afraid of water and couldn't swim. (she died in 1983, when I was 26 years old). You have a lovely blog, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, what an interesting post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...