Monday, May 9, 2016

The Amazing Shrinking Noner Part 1

My (6 year old( son took this photo of me one night
recently as I worked in the yard.
I started a diet on Thursday.

Yeah.  Thursday.  I know, a totally random day to start a diet, right?

Well, today is Monday, so I guess I can adjust my "Start" date to today as far as blogging about it goes.

Meanwhile, I was at 220 pounds this morning.

That was already 4 pounds down from Thursday.  Which Is totally all water weight, but its still weight, right?

When I start a diet I weigh in every day.  A lot of people fuss and me and say, "you don't need to weigh that often" and they'll give their reasons they dont think I need to weigh that often.  But for myself, it really does help.


The blue line is my projected weight loss over 6 weeks.  The red squares (which are totally not on the chart in this picture because it was just the first day) are my daily weigh ins.  I'll try to share an updated picture of my chart every week.

Last time I lost weight I went from around 235 to 224.  And I dropped from a size 22 to a size 18 in jeans.  Not too shabby right?  Then I stopped.  It got dark too early, and was too hard for me to get out and exercise.

Now when I get home it is still light out.  I can start walking again.

My body and exercise don't get along.  I have a bad back, bad knees and the achellies tendons on BOTH my feet scream with almost every step I take.  When I walk, it is at about a 2mph pace, which is actually pretty fast for my short little legs despite myfitnesspal telling me its a slow pace.

Anyway, I wear a fitbit and have started tracking on myfitness pal again, so you can connect if you want (but only if you promise not to scold me for my food choices, as long as I'm not going crazy over calories):

My Fitness Pal
FitBit

Anyway, if you want to follow my weight loss (achieved without a gym membership, any equipment, or fancy foods) feel free.

STATS

Age: 34
Height: 5'3

Start Date: 5-5-16
Starting Weight: 224
Current Weight: 220

(Body Measurements taken monthly)


Starting Inches

Arms: 14"
Thighs: 28"
Waist: 44.5"
Hips: 48.5"
Chest: 46"

4 comments:

  1. Noner, I need to lose like you do. I am not moving those scales right now.I find I am gaining stamina by working in the community garden. Some "experts' say you lose more fat walking slowly. Keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your beginning weight lose. We'll be cheering you along.amd maybe even your knees will feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep walking! Keep shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking is great cute out salt soda and just doing that you will loss wirght good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...