Tuesday, May 24, 2016

George - Wordless Wednesday

This is George.

We got him from the "feeder" goldfish tank for about 27 cent.

That was about 4 years ago.


When we bought him and his brother Fred (who is no longer with us) the lady told us that they might not survive.  I said, I didn't expect them to.  I was buying them to help condition my aquarium.

See "feeder" goldfish are not treated well.  Have you ever seen the hundreds upon hundreds of fishies crammed in those tanks.  They are meant to feed large meat eating fish, so they dont care much about keeping them in proper uncrowded conditions.

Well, not only did they survive, they outlived most of my other fish.

Fred died after an accident with some decor (which is no longer in the tank), but George is still ticking.

Look towards the back and you can see one of the 2 cory cats we bought at the same time we got George.
He was maybe half an inch long when we got him.  He's somewhere between 9 and 10 inches long now.

Not bad for a fish that nobody expected to live.


8 comments:

  1. Nice post, George looks very content :-)

    Thanks for stopping by hope you took a carrot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor poor Fred. George is cute though. Bit ironic that Fred was the one that died. Love the names. Did they happen to be named after the Weasley twins in Harry Potter, or was it just a coincidence they have the same names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish are always so soothing to watch.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My George ended up in the pond when we built our country home. I am sure he is still there and probably mammoth in size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to need a bigger aquarium at that rate!

    Visit Keith's WW / LINKY

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fighter! A cool story to read =)

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it when animals live longer than they're "supposed to"! When we picked out goldfish as children, my brother wanted a "different" one that actually had "ick" (a fungus infection that often kills fish). The Woolworth's girl was glad to see that fish go. Surprise...it recovered and outlived the fish my sister and I chose. That one swam around for almost six years!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...