Saturday, March 26, 2016

Ranch Chicken Breasts, the Meal that Keeps on Giving

A few night ago I saw something on Pinterest that I wanted to try.  It was a Ranch Porkchop recipe that you cook in the crock pot.  It sounds yummy.

But, I didn't have any pork chops.  Or paprika, and this recipe wanted paprika.  I didn't have Cream of Mushroom soup, but I had cream of chicken.  And I had chicken breast.

So, I sort of took what I did have and put it in a crock pot.  And it looked like this.


Well, It didn't LOOK promising.  Actually, it looks kind of like creamed potatoes.  I promise there is chicken under there.  It smelled heavenly though.

I set it in the fridge with orders to my husband to turn the crock pot on when he got home and cook it for 6 hours for me.

Well, he cooked it for 5 hours, so the chicken wasn't as tender as I wanted it to be.  But it was still pretty good.

When I got home after an 8 hour day I had one of the breasts, warmed up some lima beans I had cooked the night before, and put some of the gravy from the crock pot over some potatoes. 

I was really good!


 INGRIDENTS

2 large chicken breasts
1 pack powder ranch dressing
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 tbsp butter
5 tbsp cream cheese (I used the soft cream cheese that comes in a tub and I put on my bagles, because that is all I had)

HOW TO

Place chicken breasts into crock pot

Heat butter and cream cheese in microwave in short intervals, stirring between until melted and creamy.

Combine cream of chicken soup, the butter/cream cheese mixture and powdered ranch dressing in a bowl.  Stir until well combined.

Pour over chicken breasts.

Cook on low heat for 6 hours.

****

Since I'm the only one that eats this, I got 2 meals from the chicken breasts.

I also got a 3rd meal.  I had a lot of the creamy sauce left, so I cooked some plain elbow noodles, and poured the sauce over it, and added a tiny bit of leftover hamburger meat that I browned.  And viola....meal #3.

Yeah, I eat at my computer even though I know I really shouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy!! If there was any left after the meal, I would of shredded the chicken for sandwiches for next days lunch.

    As for being thick sauce in the crock pot. You can always add a little water, chicken broth or milk to thin it out. Myself, i would of kept it the you made it. I like it thicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the thicker broth. It was not really THICK as much as just creamy instead of a thin gravy.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...