Monday, January 4, 2016

Last Day Off for Little People

Chapter 1
Page 4/366

Today was nothing special.  Which is good, because not special means that while it was not specially good, it also wasn't specially bad.

Today was the last day of Parker's holiday break from school so we went to Golden Corral to celebrate.

Today's picture is me, stuffed to the brim, sitting at the table and contemplating dessert.  (I had banana pudding, and ice cream to go)

Both the boys love it, and of course I love me some Buffet too.  (thus the second chin)

The we came home and played some retro Mario on NES and SNES.

Pretty mellow all around.

Just before supper time I found myself feeling cranky so I decided to go for a walk.  I thought some exercise might mellow me.  It didn't really, but It got me out of the house and into the fresh air for a little while.

It is supposed to get pretty cold tonight, so I don't know if I'll be walking the boy to school tomorrow, or if he'll be driven.  He doesn't deal well with cold.  SOOOO unlike me.  I'm just super excited the cold weather has gotten here.

Scorpion came on tonight after being off for a while.  It is one of the few shows that I watch.

Of course I'm most excited for February when Walking Dead comes back.

For now I'm going to go take a hot bath, and get read for climbing into bed.  Schools back so no more sleeping in.


ALL THE LITTLE THINGS

That Made Me Smile

1.  A surprise trip to Golden Corral.
2.  My boys being happy to see each other.  Parker spend the night with Nanna.  Spencer missed him.
3.  Cool air outside, but plenty of sunshine.  I love it.
4.  The gift of an Amazon gift card, given by a friend to help me buy a new coffee maker.  (mine is dying)
5.  The hot water I'm about to lower myself into to.  Nothing is more of a luxury than my hot baths.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good day. Sounds like fun. I hope you are able to replace the coffee maker soon. We all need our peppy drinks. Your boys are growing fast, I am glad you had some time to spend enjoying them. All the best to you Nona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are growing TOO fast, gonna be all grown up soon.

      Delete
  2. Each day is special all by itself. I think winter got here as well. It was 10 degrees on my thermometer when I walked. I notice you are walking more often now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to walk more. I need the exercise. It causes great pain in my feet though, so sometimes I have to take time off from working.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...