Friday, January 1, 2016

A Motivational Letter to Myself, 2016

Dear Self,

Contrary to what you often tell yourself, you ARE ENOUGH.

You are good enough.
You are smart enough.
You are creative enough.

You can do it, whatever IT may be.
Set goals.  Reach for goals.  ACHIEVE goals.  Because you can.

You are NOT a failure.  Not everything you touch falls apart in your hands, even though it might sometimes feel like it.

And if it does fall apart, so what?  You have tape.  You have glue. You have string.  Fix the damn thing.

Not everyone hates you.  People care about you.  Some people care about you A LOT.  In fact a lot of people do, you just have to open your eyes wide enough for long enough to see it.

Love doesn't always scream.  Sometimes it whispers.  You have to stop, and listen, to hear it.

This beautiful reminder of Enough
is available at Amazon.
It is okay to be pessimistic, but don't let it control your life.  The glass might be half empty, but there has always been another serving so far.
Thirst is never fun, its never enjoyable.  Your throat my itch, your mouth go dry, but it is TEMPORARY.
You have not gone thirsty for long.

Remember that one time when you practiced Mindful Positivity.  And for a short while things did seem to be brighter, better all around?

Do you remember why you stopped being positive?  No?

Maybe it is just easier to be negative, but nothing worth having ever comes easy.  And happiness and positivity are worth having.  YOU are worth BEING happy.

YOU ARE WORTHY! You are so very worthy of joy, and grace, and all the good things that you have convinced yourself you will never, ever, ever have.

Some of those things you already have.

All you have to do is look.  Is listen.  Is remember.  Please remember:

And you are not alone
See more quotes on my Quotes Pinterest Board.

4 comments:

  1. Repeat daily until you believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good note to yourself. I have decided to write something I am thankful each day on facebook. Each month I want to see what I am thankful for. hmm, seems like I can create a blog post about each thing I am thankful each day. I bet I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes love that verse "You are good enough ..." An excellent motivational letter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...