Friday, July 3, 2015

Waiting for my Miracle

See more on my Pinterest Quotes Board.
"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us.  And when you bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen." --Henry David Thoreau

Today's image is not one of my own, but one I found on Pinterest.

I've been trying to practice positive thinking and to "Be the change" I want to see in the world by projecting the good that is in my heart.

But I do dwell too much on what is in the past.  And I do think to far in the future.

Parts of my past were amazing, and I want them back.  And I want to be back in the past, to re-do my present if that makes sense.

And the future is just scary.  Terrifying.  Looming ahead and not in our control.

For now I guess I'll just keep working toward finding myself, and sharing what is within with my world and waiting for my miracle.

Shared with the Quotography Link Up!

5 comments:

  1. I hate when I write a long comment. To realize I never signed in and it disappears. Ugh!

    I like the quote you choose. It is very powerful. I am trying to think positive of everything that happens. I try not to think of the past as I have too many bad memories. I feel I have more than my share. It has taken me a very long time to keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to send lots of comments that the internet eats whole. Its happened so often that I automatically copy before I click send.

      Positivity can be very, very hard. Even harder when you have had a lot of bad in your life. I know that from experience.

      Delete
  2. Thoreau is one of my favorite authors. Great quote! I spend entirely too much time worrying about the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I have never read anything by Thoreau. I'm not much on the classics, and "smart" literature. I'm a Stephen King junkie. lol

      I dont worry about the future quite so much as I dwell on the past and the "what if's" and "should have" and "could have"s/

      Delete
  3. I love this quote and your saying on top about being different. Made me smile today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...