Monday, June 8, 2015

The Fold By Peter Clines: A Review

The Fold is rated 4.3 out of 5
stars on Amazon!
 I received The Fold book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

I tentatively picked it out of a few choices, hoping it wouldn't be one of those sci-fi novels where the story is overwhelmed by the technical jargon.

A novel's first impression is the cover, and I loved the cover of this one, once I noticed the "fold" in the center of the page.  Oddly enough it must have been the 3rd or 4th time I picked up the book that I relized it wasn't just a line between the two sides.

The story behind the cover is about Mike Erickson.  He is a high school lit teacher who just happens to have a photographic memory, and a high IQ as well. 

The school season has just ended and Mike's best friend convinces him to skip his usual summer job and to instead tap into the potentional of his brain by working for him on a top secret project funded by DARPA.

Against his better judgement Mike agrees, and finds himself faced with the Albuquerque Door.  Over 100 times this doorway has been used as a form of instant travel with no adverse effects, but the team behind it still is not ready to go public.

Mike's job is to find out WHY the team ins't willing to share this perfect form of travel and to find out if it really is as safe as they claim it is.

The team is openly hostile to Mike, but as he begins to figure out the truth behind the Door they begin to warm up to him and work with him before the secret behind the door destroys....everything.

This novel was one that I hardly wanted to put down.  It was so good that I read around 270 pages of its 372 page length in one day.  All because I wanted the answer to the mystery....

What is the Albuquerque door?  Is it really as safe as they claim it is?  To find out you'll have to step into The Fold for yourself.

And, if you enjoy the novel its author Peter Clines calls "The Fold" a side-quel to his previous Novel "14" which takes place in the same universe as "The Fold."  So you'd have even more good reading to dive into.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...