Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Our Beautiful Bowls - Wordless Wednesday

So I recently wrote about the beautiful bowls I see on other blogs and magazines, and how my own bowls are not so beautiful.  While I mostly meant it as metaphore I thought it was funny that my family made bowls this week!

Our family of bowls.
Parker got a Pottery Wheel for Christmas, and we finally go around to putting batteries in it and using it.

Daddy made the first bowl, to try it out and to show Parker how it worked.  Then Parker made his.  Then I made one.

The next day, after they had had plenty of time to dry, we all painted our bowls.

Daddy's Bowl
 Daddy wanted to use EVERY color of paint that came with the pottery wheel.  So he did.

Parker's Bowl
Parker painted his bowl green outside and purple inside.  Once that dried he wanted to paint the bottom too.  He painted the bottom of his bowl white.

My Bowl
My bowl had an accident.  I dropped it while I was painting it!  And it chipped the lip!  I painted over it and you can hardly tell where the chip was.


6 comments:

  1. I love that you made your own bowls, very creative and grea colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was fun. The colors are just the ones that came with the pottery wheel. Next time I might bring out my box of craft acrylics. A neon bowl might be fun!

      Delete
  2. I think the bowls are colorful. A great activity for the whole family to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very colorful, and completely non-useful other than to look at the bright colors and smile. It was a fun family project. And having Parker TEACH me how to paint the bowls was funny.

      Delete
  3. What fun creations from the whole family! These first bowls from your pottery wheel would be great for cactus plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! What a great family activity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...