Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Morning Photo Essay

I am not a church going person, but on Easter every year I dress up like I'm a girl and go to church with my mother in law.  This morning I DID NOT want to get up and get dressed and go.

I didn't even get out of bed to see Parker get his Easter Basket.  I just wanted sleep.  (I've not been getting enough lately.)

Due to my late start I was just sitting down to my breakfast when the boys were all ready to go color eggs.

I told them to go color them without me, that I didn't mind.  I gave them the stickers left from last years dye kit and told them to go have fun.

I did eat, and got dressed and went over there to see what they had done:


Then it was almost time to leave.  I got the boys dressed and then we went to Church.

The closest we have to our "Sunday Best"
By the time we got to communion both of the boys were already tired of Sitting.  Spencer wanted to get down and crawl and explore.  Parker just wanted the egg hunt.

Next thing I know I was alone in the Sanctuary, my family having left with different crying kids!

I went to the short Sunday School lesson with Parker, while Robert walked the halls with Spencer and Nanna went to the Easter sermon.

Parker cried because he didn't want to be there.  He wanted to hunt eggs.  I told him that they were going to tell a story and do a craft and that the other kids wanted to hear the story.  I told him he had to wait until they were ready to hunt eggs.

He cried until the story started, then pouted.  He acted like he didn't want to do the craft, but I finally got him involved in it.


After that he seemed to really start having fun.  By the time they separated the little kids from the big kids to hunt eggs he was okay with him going one way with his dad and me going another with Spencer.

I didn't get to see him hunt, but I think he had fun.

 He didn't find the MOST eggs, but he sure found his fair share.  He LOVES hunting eggs.  At home he makes us hide them over and over and over.


And I just love seeing him interact with other children.  I worry that he's not getting enough social interaction with kids his own age.


By the time the egg hunt happened it was Noon.  That is when Spencer gets his lunch and takes a nap.  So little man was TIRED and HUNGRY.  He did pick up a couple of eggs and put them in his basket, but by that point he was pretty much just DONE.  He didn't want to pick up eggs, he wanted to have his lunch and his nap!

So, we left church early to get him home.

At home one of our neighbors gave Parker 2 flowers.  He told him to give one to me and one to his Nanna.  

This is the flower he gave to me.  He gave a larger orange one to his Nanna.

After that he stayed with Nanna for lunch, and I came home to feed the baby and put him down for his nap.

That was the first half of our Easter Sunday.

For supper we will be having a big meal with the family.  After that, who knows.

6 comments:

  1. It appears to have been a happy Easter all the way around for you and your family. Enjoy your holiday meal, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and we did. The first meal in a long time where it didn't disolve into politics or discussions about how customer service is so horrible. (Which I take personally since I work customer service and I'm darn good at my job.)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day. The supper would prolly be my fav part lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant frown on a great meal, thats for sure.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you had an enjoyable Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is rare we have a drama free holiday.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...