Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Traffic Woes

Well, it come as no real surprise to me that traffic is woefully low to my blog.

Now I know some of this is my fault, because I'm not posting with any regularity.  But at the same time, I like to know that the time and effort I spend writing a post isn't going totally ignored.

I do what I know to do to get traffic.  My link is in my e-mail signature.  I promote it on all my social sites.  If my social "friends" all visited I'd be getting thousands of hits per entry.

I'm getting under 10 hits on an average post.  More than that on wordless wednesday, because its linked at wordless wednesday.  You just cant fail there.

Tonight I joined a traffic exchange that a friend blogged about.  While I did earn some random credits and $0.01, after surfing for 101 pages worth of clicks, I don't think my blog belongs there.  Unless I start some random business web page I may never go back again.  I have about 300 points, and I don't want to put them on my blog because my blog just doesn't fit in that rotation.

And I'm really missing sites like entrecard and blogazoo.

Let me tell you a story....

Once upon a time there were blogging traffic exchanges where you really got to see other blogs, meet and make connections with other bloggers.  You blog got views, comments and READERS!

Now, most of the blog link exchanges are all gone to cyber heaven, and the ones that still exist are full of spam and selling sites.  I was clicking through one earlier, and it might as well have been a commercial link exchange site instead of a blogging one.

Anway, long story sort (or TLDR) What are you helpful tips for getting more views to your blogs.  (just don't say social sites because that does bupkiss for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...