Tuesday, March 17, 2015

EyeGrow Buddies Teaching about Spring

A while back, when I was cleaning out one of my many boxes of random stuff, I found a pair of EyeGrow buddies that I had forgotten I had.  These things must have been in storage for 2 or 3 years at least.

Well, today being a beautiful spring day I took Parker outside to teach him about Spring.  How the weather gets warm in the spring and how this is when seeds sprout and grow.

The EyeGrow buddy is made by Grow-a-Head.  They are grass seeds wrapped inside of a material much like nylon stocking, with soil and a wick.  These "heads" have plastic eyes on them, and a little plastic pot for a body.  You fill the pot with water and the wick helps keep the grass watered when it starts growing.

Parker is soaking his head in water.  It has to get saturated.
Our Eye Grow buddies, waiting to sprout.
Now that we have them soaked, and sitting in their mini greenhouses we just have to wait for them to sprout.

The pack says they should sprout white fuzzy "hair" in 5 to 7 days, and after that their grass hair will grow rapidly.  (If it grows at all.  Remember my buddies are very old.)

Parker said he can't wait for them to grow flowers.  I had to point out that they are only going to grow grass.  He said he wanted to grow flowers, and spent quite some time planting leaves and watering them, "to see what they grow."

So I think I need to get the boy some flower seeds.

Meanwhile, the Grow a Head has evolved past the EyeGrow buddy stage.  They have some pretty awesome buddies to grow.

One of my favorites is the goldfish, in its own bowl!


This goldfish bowl and other Grow-a-Head pets can be purchased from Amazon.>
Just click the fishie.
 

Isn't he awesome!  The fish is cute.  The bowl is cute.  The whole thing is just....cute.
It would work similarly to the EyeGrows I have.  The fish waters itself with a wick that hangs down into the water of the fishbowl.

The only thing that would make it better for me is if it were a betta instead of a goldfish.

However, as cute as he is, that is not the most awesome thing.  The MOST awesome thing was this:


This Zombie family and other Grasslands can be found on Amazon.
Just click the image.
That's right folks!  The people that brought you EyeGrow buddies and Grow-a-head pets brings you a whole freaking zombie family!  And you guys all know how much I love zombies!  (They also have fairys and gnomes and some golfers, but they don't hold a candle to this awesomeness.)

Now I can continue on and tell you how I went from a homeschool lesson on spring and growing seeds to finding out there is a such thing as a chia zombie arm, but I'll save that for another post.

I'll leave you with these thoughts:

1.  Spring has sprung.
2.  EyeGrow and Grow a Head are cute things that can teach many lessons, from how seeds grow to simple pet care. (If you don't water your pet it dies after all)
3.  Zombies are awesome.

1 comment:

  1. The kids here have always had a lot of fun with these and they are cute once they start growing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...