Wednesday, March 25, 2015

An Apple Seed - Wordless Wednesday

I ate an apple.  Inside of the apple were 2 sprouted seeds.  I've never had an apple with sprouted seeds before.  For a joke I decided to plant them.

These are the rest of the seeds from the same apple.  I've thought about planting them as well.  Or at least a couple more of them because...

 Roughly a week after I planted the sprouted seeds I have a little green apple tree poking its head above the ground.


Not only that but its sibling seed is valiantly trying to push its head out of the ground too.  Its just a slower on the uptake.

The same thing can not be said for my sons Eye Grow Buddies.  They have passed their 7 day mark and have not sprouted fuzzy hair. I thought it might happen since they were so old, but I had hoped they would grow.


8 comments:

  1. I've never had an apple with sprouted seeds before either. I hope your seeds grow into a bountiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'v ebeen doing research on growing apple trees from seeds. There is actually a chance they won't even be yummy apples! But its worth a try and a tree is a tree. I can enjoy the flowers even if the fruit isn't that great.

      Delete
  2. What fun that your sprouting apple seeds have been planted and are sprouting from the soil! Be sure to give us progress report pictures as they continue to grow. I must wonder if you're related to Johnny Appleseed..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share pictures...up until the point I kill them. (Green things don't thrive long under my care) I don't think I'm a Johnny Appleseed yet, but if I keep the darn things alive I might turn myself into one.

      Delete
  3. I Nona. Saw your comment on Terri's blog. Are you from the Tennille/Sandersville area of Georgia??
    How fun to try growing apple trees!
    Mildred, Gainesville GA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am from Sandersville! Living in Savannah for the past 13 years or so just because I can't convince the man to move me back home.

      Delete
  4. That is wonderful you are sprouting your own apple trees. I plan on adding an apple tree and pear tree in the future. I would like to find and order a paw paw tree. However, I know you have to have the dirt from the mother tree for them to take root.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that seed started apples might not be yummy, so its best to buy a young fruit tree from somewhere if you want apples you KNOW will be edible.

      I'm not familar with a Paw paw.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...