Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ten Tales of Ghosts - Book Review

Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts is another fantastic collection of short fiction edited by Rayne Hall.  It includes 10 stories by 10 different authors.

Each of the stories revolve around the theme of Ghosts.  There are innocent ghosts seeking love, vengeful ghosts seeking revenge, confused ghosts and cybernetic ghosts.

As usual Rayne Hall does not fail to give great entertainment in each story she shares in this collection.  It was hard for me to pick the ones I likes the best.  In the end I decided the very first and very last tales were the most memorable.

The first, "Ghosts can Bleed" by Tracy McBride introduces us to Maurice.  Maurice knows that ghosts can bleed, because he is one.  Now if he could just get his wife and best friend to believe him.

The last, "A Puddle of Dead" by Grayson Bray Morris, could be less Ghost Story than Out of Body Experience.  When Mia's lost love returns to her fifteen years after she had last seen him, she thinks he has changed his ways.  Until she follows him home.

At the end of the book you are given a taste of other works written by the authors that are in this anthology.  That is always a bonus when deciding if you want to purchase a book or collection from one of the authors.

I received a copy of this book for free from tomoson.com, but all thoughts in the review are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that "Ghosts Can Bleed!" I enjoy short story collections and ghost stories sound like fun reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...