Monday, February 23, 2015

Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires Review

 Long before Buffy the Vampire Slayer gave Vampires back their souls, and before Twilight made them sparkle in the sun and fall in love with teenaged girls, Vampires used to be things of Evil, that lived off the life blood of their unwilling victims.

When I settled down with my copy of "Bites: Ten Tales of Vampires" open on my kindle I was looking forward to sinking my teeth into some good old fashioned Vampire fiction.

As with other collections I've read edited by Rayne Hall this anthology offers 10 tales by 10 different authors.  Each one in this volume is centered around the theme of Vampires.

And while the vampires might not be a new blood as Edward Cullen, there are still a couple that catch you by surprise. 

I was particularly fond of Reality Bites, in which a newly turned vampire tries to mind control his way to an insurance settlement, only to find out he's bitten off more than he can chew where his agent is concerned.

Now, when it comes to vampire tales, I like those more like Night Train, written by editor Rayne Hall herself.  In this one a young woman is frightened by tales of blood thirsty vampires stalking trains for a meal in the harsh winters.  Her terror follows her through the night, when someone comes kocking and begging for help at her door.  Should she help them, or is it just a vampire wanting an invitation in?  Only morning will tell. 

There are more delightful fang filled tales in this collection, some sensual vampires, some classy, some terrifying, and all of them make this anthology a good read if you are fan of the fanged fiends.

(this review was also posted on Amazon.com and Goodreads)

See Also these other reviews I've written of Rayne Hall Collections

Ten Tales of Ghosts - Book Review

"Beltane Ten Tales of Witchcraft" Book Review

Undead Ten Tales of Zombies (ebook) Review

Thirty Scary Tales by Rayne Hall - A Book Review

****
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...