Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rain, Rain, Rain, and the Flu too?

Rat under Mushroom Postcard

The Sky is Falling

The sun forgot to come out today.  I woke up to dark skys and the sound of water pouring off the corners of my house.

It made me think of my childhood home.  We had a tin roof.  There is something a little big magical about the sound of rain on a tin roof.

The sound of pecans and limbs falling onto a tin roof is less magical, but a price that had to be paid.

I don't generally mind the rain.  As long as there is no thunder and lightning, no threat of tornados or of the power going out, I think rain can be good.

What am I saying, of COURSE rain can be good.  It has a major place in the world.  There would BE no world without rain.

Later in the day it stopped raining but stayed grey.

That is the part that I don't like.  I don't like long grey hours where the sky is heavy but nothing falls out of it.  Low cloud cover is oppressive and depressive to me.

EVEN LATER in the day I realized I was getting sick.  I blame the low cloud cover of course.

No, not really, I blame the sick co-workers.  There have been a few of them now.

So when I got home tonight I started taking everything even remotely resembling a vitamin in the house, including drinking OJ and V8.

Now, if I could only get a full nights sleep so my body can get the rest it needs to fight the infection before it settles in.  Too bad its not possible to occasionally pause motherhood.  lol

OTHER THINGS I WROTE TODAY

I write at many places online.  I'd love it if you visited some of my other work.  Many of these links might earn me a penny if you visit them and stay on the page for more than 60 seconds.

 Coffee Chat - Rain and Wet
Reading List 2015
The Fall of the Governor Part 2 Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...