Tuesday, November 4, 2014

When Christmas Carols Attack

Did I mention that Christmas carols started on November 1st where I work.

Seriously, I walked in and the very first thing I heard was "I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart."

I sort of just stood there and stared at the ceiling with my mouth open like an idiot.  I wanted to find José Feliciano and garrote him with a string of jingle bells.

Granted not every single song is a carol (that will start on Black Friday), but every 3rd one seems to be.

HOWEVER, every single day this week the song playing when I walk into the store is a carol.  It is like the building is aware of my hatred and is mocking me with its well time music choices.

Like, Noooooo  Jingle Bells is Noner Kryptonite! 

Meanwhile, at work some things were said, including these things:

ACTUAL CONVERSATION


I sell a lot of these guys this time of year.
Me:  *rings up a wreath and wreath holder, notices something else in cart*  "Anything else?"

Customer: "Oh, no, I've got this."  *places a fake bird on counter.*

Me: "That's a bird."

Customer:  "You're correct.  That is a bird."

Me: *in very proud voice*  "I figured that out all by myself."

Customer: *dissolves into laughter*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...