Sunday, November 9, 2014

They Told Me I Was Smart

They tell me I'm smart.

Well, they used to.

I took this test and ended up in the "gifted" class (called Discovery) instead of English.  All told I think I'd rather have kept English.  I didn't take much away from Discovery other than the fact that I never did beat Where in the World is Carmen Sandeigo...and a good friendship with the girl who used to be friends with one of my biggest bullies.

But thats another story.

I was not as smart as my fellow Discovery classmates.  I'm pretty sure that when they gave me that IQ test that I just got really lucky.  It was multiple choice, and when given a multiple choice question I can usually  guess my way to the right answer.  If I can't figure it out there's always Eanie Meanie Miney Moe.

Now, I don't think I am stupid.  I've never been that.  I just don't think I'm as smart as I was led to believe as a child.

Right now I'm trying to read a book called Etsy-preneurship: Everything You Need to Know to Turn Your Handmade Hobby into a Thriving Business.  It is not a hard book to read.  Its written for normal people after all, not the Fortune 500 type.

Despite that, I'm having a heck of a time wrapping my brain around it.

I'm still in the very first chapter, talking about Business Mission and Vision Plans and I'm thiking, "What do my personal values have to do with my business?"  I'm thinking, "Mission statement?  I like to make crafts and I want to earn money from it."

Now, if I ever make it as far as the finances part of the book I'm probably doomed to failure.  I've never been any good with numbers.  Math is my weakest spot.

But right now I wish I was just half as smart as they told me I was.  I also wish I could think of something other than "I wanna make money" for my crafts to be ABOUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...