Monday, July 14, 2014

Musings on Keeping My Happiness

The world can be cruel and harsh and mean.  Nobody is spared.

But there are also moments of great beauty.  Some people might find this beauty in nature.  Some in architecture.  Some in the sculpted curves of the human body.

That beauty is there is easy to KNOW.  But when the ugly of the world raises its head, which it does often and with menace, that the beauty is there is hard to remember, easy to forget.

Since about a month before my birthday I've been focusing on mindfully changing my outlook on life.  I'm tired of being pessimistic.  I'm tired of being sad.

And people have commented that they like the new me, even though the new me is still a work in progress.

There has been back-sliding.  This past week was particularly bad.

I hate it when the ugly of life pushes me to such a dark place that this little guy get a snippy snarly mommy.


For myself.  For him.  For his brother.

Time to practice some deep breathing, some visualization, some affirmations.

Time to put on my big girl panties, which are really, REALLY big girl panties because seriously have you guys SEEN the size of my rear these days?

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS
that made me smile today.

1.  Parker playing with Spencer.
2.  Spencer clearly looking for his brother when he heard his voice.
3.  The feel of my husbands hands on my back and shoulders.
4.  The taste of coffee in the morning.
5.  My friends might life in different cities, different states, but I DO have friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...