Friday, July 11, 2014

Just Give Me Your E-mail!

I recently had my yearly review at work.  Leave out the part where a person who has worked with me for less than a year was the one who gave me my review, it was still a worse review than I thought it would be. 

Not that it was a BAD review.

Still, I got lower marks because of my e-mail collection.

See, where I work when you are on the register they want you to collect e-mails.  We have a certain % we are supposed to meet.  They want each person to collect 25% of our customer e-mails. 

I only average around 5%.  They tell me that I'm not asking every customer! I do ask every customer.  Not every customer gives me their e-mails.

The ones that DO give me their e-mails are usually the regular customers.  They don't count though.  I can get 100% e-mail from regulars and still have a low percentage of collection because only  NEW e-mails count.

I fully understand people not wanting to give out their e-mails, but their reactions tick me off.

"I don't have one" they will say, while they are clearing on facebook on their smartphone.  Um...if you have facebook you have an e-mail!

Once I had a woman tell me, "I don't have one." and her daughter immediately said, "Yes you do mom!"

Jesus people, I'm asking for your e-mail, not your social security number.  You don't have to LIE to me.  Just saying NO is fine.

Then there are the people who say, "Oh, you don't need that."

One day I'm going lose it and say, "Yes, I KIND OF DO!"  I wouldn't be asking you for it if I didn't need it! Whether or not you give me your e-mail determines whether or not I get another "talk" at the end of the week.

Then there are the people who say, "Not today, I don't have time for that."

Don't have time for that?  All you have to do is spell out your e-mail to me.  It takes SECONDS.  You just spent 4 minutes looking up a coupon for your $1 item you just bought, so don't tell me you DON'T HAVE TIME.

Oh, and that brings up another rant....my minutes per transaction is low too.  I'll save that for a different post though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...