Saturday, May 24, 2014

In Which Stars Fall From the Sky

AT HOME

Its not quite 2 am and I'm still awake.  There is supposed to be a meteor shower tonight and I'd like to see a shooting star or two before I call it a night.

I might not see them, since the peak is somtime between 2 and 4 am, and I need to go to bed so I can get up and do the work thing again tomorrow.

I'll give it a try for a few minutes after 2 rolls around though.

Maybe if I see some I'll wish on them.  Maybe if I make some wishes they'll come true.

But why do people wish on shooting stars?  Its just a rock burning up in the atmosphere.  The wish never even makes it to earth.

Much like making a wish on birthday candles.  You make a wish, then blow it all away.

Same thing with dandelion puffs.  You make a wish, and blow it away.

That one makes more sense though.  You're sending your wish out on a seed, to be planted, to grow somewhere in the world.

Wishes are funny things.

AT WORK

I hate that the company I work for sends out eleventy billion and one coupons, and they can't be used together.  Then people get all miffed at ME about it.  Like...sorry folks.  I don't write the coupons.  I don't code the websites.  I have no power.  All I can do is point the little scanner at the bar code doohickey and press the button until it goes BEEP.  That really is the ONLY control I have over the situation.

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS
The small things that made me smile today.

1.  My mil made Tacos, and I got to eat some.  Tacos can be full of YUMMY.
2.  Hot bath therapy.  The blessing of indoor running hot water cannot be frowned upon.
3.  This video which I saw on youtube today for the first time:

I ALSO POSTED
(I posted these on my residual income sites today.  Take a look.  Social share them if you like them, and help me earn some pennies at no cost to you!)

May 23 is World Turtle Day. I wrote about turtles and tortoises, and shared another Parry Grip video.  Its worth the visit just to see the video alone, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...