Monday, May 26, 2014

In Which I Discover Crafts for Assholes

So, its after midnight and I've spent the most part of the past 2 hours going through the blog "Crafts for Assholes." It is full of everything I love...kindergarten crafts and snark. The best kinds of crafters are ones who have fun with their craft, and are able to laugh at themselves if it doesn't turn out looking like the original inspiration.

Meanwhile, I saw a shadowbox thing she made and I just LOVE it. I mean really, who could NOT love this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/104478683/dollar-store-shadowbox-with-gold

Seriously, don't you just LOVE it!?!  And I'm not being sarcastic or anything!  I might end up making one of my own.  I kid you not, I totall want something like this...I have wallpaper samples for a background, and I'm sure my son won't miss one of his dinos OR one of his plastic soldiers.

Anyway, she made that, I love that, and its for SALE.  That's right, she has a freaking ETSY

See, when I make things I never list them because I don't think they are good enough and nobody is ever going to buy them.  She has no such qualms.  She's all like, "I made these things, and you can buy these things."

Maybe I need to take a page from her book.

Speaking of books.....did you know that I'm a crafter and I only have ONE craft book in my possession?

I'm not counting Cross Stitch, cause I have a few of those.  I'm just talking basic crafty stuff in a book form.  I've just got the one.

So, I need craft books for my birthday.  Lots of them.

In case you want to buy me one I've added some to my Amazon Wish List.

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS
The small things that made me smile today.

1. I got to sleep until 10!!!!!
2. Spencer ate a full meal with a little water. He's getting so big!
3. Playing board games with Robert and Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...