Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Quit your Job and Find Your Happiness

So, according to the Chicken Soup for the Soul book that I'm reading - Find Your Happiness - Money really does buy happiness.

Now I'm sure that is not what they WANTED to tell me.  I'm sure the oficial point of the book is to tell me that happiness can be found in any situation.

But, what I've gleaned from the 30 Inspirational Stories I've read so far is that I'll never be happy because I don't have money.

So far people have become happy because they quit their job to travel.  Or they gave up their career to be a stay at home mom.  Or they stopped working 9 to 5 to write for a living.

I sense a theme here.  That theme is that to be happy you have to quit your job.

Of course, in order to quit your job to persue your happiness you have to be financially stable.

At no point so far have I read, "I gave up my job to chase my dreams.  Of course we all ended up living in the streets and eating out of the dumpster, but we've never been happier!"

Obviously none of these happy people have had to sturggle paycheck to paycheck.

Oh, don't get me wrong.  They had to give up things.  One woman had to give up buying new clothes!  Some families had to give up eating out every night and eat food in their own homes instead.  Oh, those unfortunate souls had to give up SO MUCH.

I'll keep reading though.  Maybe somewhere in the next 71 uplifting stories there will be some hint on how someone who pulls really hard to make ends meet every month can afford to quit their job to find their Purpose, Passion and Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...