Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Writing On the Wall

The place that I work doesn't have an employee restroom.  We have to use the same 2 stall ladies room that the public gets to use.

This is often distressing because the public is MESSY.

People often bemoan plubic restrooms, about how dirty they are.  The tendancy is to blame the people who work there.  Really its not OUR fault.  We do our best to keep the restroom clean, but there are only about half a dozen employees to combat the yuck of hundreds of customers a day.

In an 8 hour shift I might have to use the restroom 5 times (more if I get enough to drink, less if I don't get breaks and become dehydrated).  Every time I use it I have to clean pee off the seats.  This is without exception.  If I want to pee, I have to clean the pee of strangers off the toilet first. 

If the general public doesn't want to use a filthy restroom I urge them to stop leaving their own body waste on the toilet seats.  That is what the toilet seat covers are for.  They are fully stocked.  I make sure of it.

Sometimes its not just pee.....

Yesterday I went potty right after I got there, just like I always do (because depending on how busy we are and how short staffed we are, it could be HOURS before I get to go again), and right there on the wall was a huge letter S.

It was a brown S.

It was written in human excrement.

Some loving soul had taken their finger, covered it in their own poo, and swished the letter S on the wall of the bathroom stall.

So I got to start the day by donning a pair of latex gloves, grabbing the strong bathroom cleaner, and scrubbing human poop off the wall.

So, I want to send a great big thank you to whoever left me that gift.  I'm sure it amused you to no end, thinking about the poor soul who had to clean your poo off the wall. 

I want you to know that it didn't ruin my day.  I hummed a little song while I wiped up your mess, and spent the rest of the day with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step.  I am, after all, the mother of a 3 month old.  Cleaning poo is a huge part of my daily routine anyway.

Not to mention that I know one day my son will grow up and learn how to use the potty.

Unlike you, who was apparently never properly potty trained. 

1 comment:

  1. This is why I very rarely use public restrooms, people are so gross.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...