Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back to the Grind

Today, after being out of work for a little more than 2 months, I;m going back to work.  (And that is a picture of me at work back in June 2013....getting flowers up off the floor and out from under the fixtures)

I've been sedentary for most of November and ALL of December.  Since my job is one where I will be on my feet non-stop for close to 9 hours I'm sure my legs and feet are gonna be killing me by the end of the day.

However, I'm sure that I could carry a 9 pound box on my left hip for my entire shift without a problem at all.  I've had a lot of practice with that just lately.

We all know, however, that the HARDEST part of going back to work is going to be leaving my boys.  I've not been apart from Spencer for more than a couple of hours since I brought him home from the hospital.  Today's 1 to close shift is going to feel like a babyless eternity.  And I've gotten used to filling the hours of my day by playing with Parker.  I'm gonna miss his hundred and one questions too.

Maybe I can ease the transistion by taking care of any customers babys that start crying while I'm at work.

"It's alright ma'am.  I got this.  You just keep on shopping!"

Christmas is over, and that's an awesometastic thing.  I get to explore all the new fun stuff that has come in while I was gone.  I KNOW the valentine items are in, and maybe the Spring dollar items are in already too.  That would make me happy.  I like new dollar items.

I am trying to go back to work without all the bitter stress and exhaustion I left with.  I had been working 10 hour days at 9 months pregnant while being verbally abused by our customers.  (If I shared the things I've been called this would no longer be a family friendly blog)

Its a while new year though, and even though we have the same old customers I'm going to try to be the bigger person and not let them get to me.  Which might fail the instant one of them makes farm animals noises in my general direction.  (It's happened before.)

I hope the store manager is there today, and not just the assistant manager.  I want to shock him by walking in the door with a HUGE smile on my face.  He tries to make me smile when I'm frowning.  And right before I left I was frowning a lot!

I know I need to make some huge changes in my life this year.  Jan. 1 wasn't quite enough to get it kick started.  Maybe  going back to work will be the catalyst I need.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think taking care of the customer kids will help you transition back into the workplace. Customers are always right. Not! But, we do have to treat them from that standpoint, so I do hope you manage to smile through your shift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting back to the grind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...