Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Give a Little, Get a Little

I'm a whiny person.  I complain a lot, and feel like there is a lot wrong in my life.

I also realize that compared to the lives of MANY, my life is not that hard.  I have so much more than so many people.

Recently I have been moved by a Facebook page I found called Anastasia's Arts and Crafts for Charity.

Anastasia is a 9 year old girl who loves to make jewelry and art.  She also loves animals and wanted to help them.  So her mom set up her facebook page,  Anastasia's Arts and Crafts for Charity where she posts Anastasia's jewelry and paintings.

People bid on them right there in the FB page, and donate the money directly to the charity that the particular item is for.

I have decided that I want to do something similar.  Unlike Anastasia's family I'm not able to give 100% of the sells of my handcrafted goods to chairty.  I would quickly run out of material if I did that.

However, I feel that from now on I would like to donate a portion of the profits of any online sell I make to a different charity.

I'm going to pick 1 charity a week and donation a portion of whatever profits I make that week to that chairty.  I might pick something big and well known like the Humane Society, or I might pick something small and unknown such as some random soul's dream on gofundme

Each week I will post a blog entry about that week's charity which will also, hopefully, lead to other kind souls donating to the cause!

Hopefully, even if I don't make a single sale that week, someone will be kind enough to give to the charity and I will have helped a little just by shining a little light onto it.

Ghandi is credited with saying, "Be the Change You Want to See in the World"  I want to try to be that change, and give back where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...