Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Year of Me - Nona 365 - Day 1

Today (or yesterday actually, since its now 1:30am on the 23rd) was my 32nd birthday.

Avoiding most "I'm OLD!" thoughts, I tried to focus on it being my personal New Year's today.

Everyone gets to celebrate a new calendar year on the of January every year, but at the same time, each and every person is not really starting a new  year of THEIR life on that day.  THEIR lives started on their birthday and that is a personal New Year.

This year, for my personal New Year I "resolved" to start a Smashbook.  Smashbook, glue book, journal, art journal, scrapbook.  Whatever you want to call it.  I'm going to be writing or glueing or arting something about my day, every single day, for the next year.

So, without further ado, here is what I did on the day of my birthday:

 This is a look at the first spread in my journal, which is the red Doodle journal from K and Co Smash*books.

The left page looks a little shiny because I had put some glue on it already.  I almost forgot to take a "BEFORE"  picture.

This one is the full spread.  I don't know if I'll do a 2 page spread every day.  That is proably unlikely to be honest.  But, today was a "big" day, it being my birthday and all.

 This is the left hand page.  I glued the wrapping paper from one of my gifts to the plain blue page that was there before.

I printed off pictures of the 2 books I got for my Birthday and glued them down.  One was "Delusion in Death" by J. D. Robb.  The other was "World War Z" by Max Brooks.

I also glued down the "business card" of our Waiter when we went out to eat at Golden Corral today.

The blue bit is the birthday card my MIL gave me. I taped it down with Washi tape, so you can actually open it to read it, and flip it open to see the page underneath it.
 This is what the page looks like underneath the birthday card. 

The bit down the middle is actually a strip I cut off of the envelope that the birthday card came in.  I did positive journaling on the front of the slip, and negative journaling on the back. 

I was going to make this journal be 100% positive, but a friend on FB reminded me that the negative parts of life are a part of life regardless.  So I'm going to include them, but always on the "hidden" side, so that the positive is the first thing you see.

Since I turned 32 today, there are 32 candle stickers on that page!

Here is the right page.  I put a big picture of me, taken today, right in the center of the page.  Then I added some letter stickers that spell out Happy Birthday, and journaled a little about where I am today.

2 comments:

  1. your age is the exact opposite of the date you were born. :) pretty cool (to me anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with every day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...