Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Dog and the Kool-aid

The wonderful Jo Ann of Chronicles prompted her readers, "write about indecisiveness".  And since I could not decide what I wanted to write about, I thought it worked out great as a prompt.

Now, there could be any number of things I could write about pertaining to my own decisiveness or lack thereof but I think the story of the dog and the kool-aid probably sums it up best.  

First of all, yes I am a grown woman, and yes I still drink kool-aid.  No regrets.  I have a nice sweet cup of Tropical Punch beside me right now.  With extra sugar even.

Anyway, I drink Kool-aid, and I usually have several packs in the cabinet.  That is just wonderful since I like to drink it, and horrible, because its different flavors, and that means having to make a decision.

Picture me standing in my kitchen with kool-aid packs spread out in front of me like a handful of poker cards. 

Do I want Tropical Punch?  That is my favorite. But I haven't had orange in a long time.  Oh, and lemonade is just PERFECT for the weather.  Ohhhh...which one do I want!?!

This is, of course, a choice of epic proportions.

Here come the labrador, enter stage right.  Certainly when he tap danced his way into the kitchen he only wanted a drink of water.  But I was standing between him and his water dish, stressing over which flavor of powdered drink goodness I wanted to partake in.

So I did what any sane woman would do.  I held the cards out to him.

"Boomer," I said. "Which one of these do I want to drink?"

He looked at me for a second like I had lost my mind.  He was probably trying to figure out exactly waht I wanted from him.  I hadn't given him a command he knew.  But I had something in my hands.  Maybe it was a yummy something?

He reached his head up to sniff at the kool-aid packs.  It was not a yummy something, so he brushed past me to get the drink I wanted.

And I promptly mixed up the flavor of kool-aid in the pack that he had sniffed at.  I think it might have been strawberry.  I really don't remember now.

However, that just goes to show how utterly indecisive I am.  I leave it up to my dogs to tell me what I want do drink.

Goodness help us all if I ever have to make a major, world altering decision.  I might just have to ask the rats.

SQUIDOO UPDATES

I've updated some of my squidoo lenses.  It would be awesome if you would go check them out!

I added a new into and a new poll to my Down the Drain review lens:
Down the Drain by Daniel Pyle

I added a new intro, and removed some redunant text from my Oh Baby review lens, as well as streamlining teh "table of contents" and moving the poll.
"Oh, Baby" by Judy Baer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...