Sunday, May 26, 2013

Library Sale Haul

My Local Library (Live Oak Public Libraries) had a book sale this week, starting on Wednesday.

I was very upset that I didn't get to go on Wednesday.  The book were $1 each, and that is when they would have had the BEST selection.  I was even more upset because today (sunday) they were going to have a $5 bag sale, and I knew I wasn't going to get to go.  I was off work last weekend so I KNEW I was going to have to work this one.

I was wrong.  I did have to work yesterday, but the book gods smiled on me and I was off today.

We got there right before they opened the room, and it was PACKED.  There was already a line.  The room was so full you could hardly move, and people were shoving books into bags as fast as they could.  Some people grabbed empty book boxes and started putting books in boxes! 

Parents brought kids to sit and wait in one spot to "guard" their bags of books while they kept shopping.

Sadly, the children's books were rampaged by those ladies with juvenile books guards and I didn't even have a CHANCE to look at the kids books before they were all gone, so Parker didn't get anything from the sale.

I ended up getting 15 books of my own.  2 in Paperback and 8 in hardback.  I got a lot of Dean Koontz books.  I've already read them, but didn't have them in my own collection.   Robert got 7 books of his own, making a total of 22 books.

Yep, somehow he managed to get 22 books into a plastic grocery bag without the bag tearing, and still being able to hold the handles closed with one hand.

Here is what I got (hubby already put his away so I can't share his:

Paperback
  1. "Wife For Hire" by Janet Evanovich
  2. "Naked In Death" by Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb
  3. "The Ruins" by Scott Smith
  4. "Two for the Dough" by Janet Evanovich
  5. "Mr. Hands" by Gary A. Braunbeck
  6.  "The Vision" by Dean Koontz
  7. "From the Corner of his Eye" by Dean Koontz
Hardback
  1. "Odd Hours" by Dean Koontz (turns out I already had that one)
  2. "Stolen" by Kelley Armstrong
  3. "Frankenstein: Lost Souls" by Dean Koontz (4th in a series, I still need 2 and 3)
  4. "Strangers In Death: by Nora Roberts writing as J.D. Robb
  5. "Beat the Reaper" by Josh Bazell
  6. "In the Night Room" by Peter Straub
  7. "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz
  8. "The God of Animals" by Aryn Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...