Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Book Review: "Bite Me: A Love Story" by Christopher Moore

Format: Hardcover (library book)

Started: Jan.
Finished: Jan 14, 2013

"Bite Me" is the 3rd book in a series of novels.  All 3 of them with the subtitle of "A Love Story."

In fact, it is a love story of sort.  Not only a love story, but a vampire love story.

However, the vampires in this story do no sparkle in the sun, and have no problem with killing the occasional human if the need arises.

Bite Me is told mostly from the POV of Abby Normal, the teenaged human minion of the vampires Flood and Jody.

At the end of book 2 Abby had Flood and Jody cast in stone, for their own protection.  She was afraid they were going to go their seperate ways.

At the start of Bite Me, we find that Flood has gone insane inside of his bronze prison.  We also find that Chet, a huge shaved cat we met in the previous books, has been turned into a huge shaved VAMPIRE cat, and his vampire kitty minions are trying to take over the city.

The imprisoned lovers are released from the statue, and Flood takes off, persued by Jody, leaving Abby behind to try and deal with the vampire cat problem.

If that's not enough to deal with, 3 elder vampires show up to try and clean up the mess their sire left behind after creating Jody (and, oddly enough, Chet).

I will say that this is my least favorite book of the 3.  However, even as a least favorite Moore never fails to please.  His sense of humor often has me laughing out loud, quite literally. 

The ending was also one that I would not have seen coming.

While you don't HAVE to read the first 2 in the series to understand what is going on in this one (because Abby gives you a re-cap in the beginning of Bite Me) I would recommend it.  Mostly because the way Abby's character talks is a little confusing and hard to follow.

I rate this novel 4 stars: ABOVE AVERAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...