Saturday, November 17, 2012

Primitive Wood Star Ornaments

I've been much inspired by the Booth #555 blog to try my hand at creating some wonderfully simple yet beautiful primitive country crafts.

Our local Michael's has ornament making supplies set up for Christmas, and in there were some fantastic chunky wood ornaments.  I dithered between the gingerbread man, the birdhouse, and the star, and ended up grabbing a pair of stars because they seemed simple enough to start.

In the beginning they were plain wood.  This first photo is after I had gessoed them and started painted.


And here they are after they were finished.  




Each of the stars measures 3 and 3/4 inches from point to point, and is just short of half an inch thick. They are both available in my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...