Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 1

Today I am thankful for modern dentistry.

I've had a tooth hurting me since late June early July.  It would hurt pretty bad then stop again, then start again, then start again.

For most of October it has been hurting non-stop, to the point that I finally decided to spend some of the money that we barely have to go to the dentist.  Saving it is not an option on our budget, but if I could get him to get it out my head thing will be better.

And though I currently have a gaping hole where the tooth used to be, and that hole does hurt a bit, as do my jaws and my tongue, I'm thankful for having that pain gone.

I'm also thankful for the dentist who took it out.  And for the Novocain that made that process NOT be the most excruciating thing in the world as it could very well have been.  After all, I've seen "Castaway" and wasn't looking forward to having to knock the thing out myself with a rock and an ice skate.

I'm thankful for the antibiotics that will keep infection out, and for the pain medicine that will keep the pain bearable until such time as I no longer have a gaping hole in my face where the evil tooth once lived.

The doctor did ask me if I wanted to keep my tooth.  I declined.  He laughed and said that was probably a good thing, because there was such a big hole in it that the tooth fairy would only leave me a rock.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the tooth pulled and will now mend. I am sorry you were in pain so long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...