Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies, With Honey

We had some bananas sitting around that were getting a little too ripe for my liking.

That has been happening a lot lately.  Bananas going bad because we don't eat them as fast as we once did.  Gone are the days that Parker begged for a banana between meals.  Gone are the mornings that I'd get up to fix a banana smoothie.

Whatever was I going to do with them.

I'm not much of a cook, but I had been wanting to try my hand at peanut butter cookies.  Then I wondered, "Is there a such thing as "Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies"

Turns out there is.

And even though I'm not much of  a cook I decided to try it.

(Did I mention I'm not much of a cook?)


They started out a bit of an ooey, gooey mess.  I was not sure at all if they would be edible when they were finished.

They turned out to not be too bad at all.  They are very soft and cake like, but I can taste both the peanut butter AND the banana in them.

The recipie made 4 dozen.  I took 2 dozen to work with me and they all got eaten in the time I was there.

Actually, I think 3 people ate the most of them.

Oh well, I think I might try this again some time soon.....with chocolate syrup instead of the honey.

If you want to try it for yourself, this is the recipie I used today.  This is not my recipie, I found it at cooks.com

1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 lg. (ripe) banana, mashed
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (white flour can be used)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Coconut shreds, nuts and chocolate chips to decorate
1. Stir together the egg, honey, mashed banana and peanut butter in a large bowl.2. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add to the banana mixture. Stir well.
3. Drop by the teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. (I skipped making a face on mine....) Press in 2 chocolate chips for eyes, a peanut for a nose, and a walnut for a big troll mouth. Arrange chocolate chips around for hair and coconut shreds for a troll beard. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (4 dozen cake- like cookies)

2 comments:

  1. this sounds awesome. I love both peanut butter & banana! Great idea u had there!
    Oh, and incase you missed it, i found the link you asked for, for the bloghop, I went and found it along with a share link. (i didnt know what it was for, so i hadn't posted it)
    Thanks again for joining in on the bloghop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound very good.
    I would skip the face part because I don't do coconut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog.

I hope that if you enjoyed what you've seen here today that you will take a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of my readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...